Pumpkin Pie French Toast
by Erin Chase
It’s a holiday week for most of us…if you aren’t traveling for spring break, you may want to try this! Try this scrumptious seasonal treat for a little something special.
Or, go ahead and break all the rules and have this breakfast for dinner!
- 14 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp homemade pumpkin pie spice
- Butter and syrup for serving
- Fresh fruit or smoothie as side
- Set out the bread for dipping.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin and pie spice until smooth.
- Dip each side of the bread in the mixture and cook on a hot, greased griddle or skillet. Flip after 1 – 2 minutes.
- Once all are cooked, serve with butter and maple. And a side of fresh fruit.
- If freezing, let cool completely to reduce freezer burn.