National Voter Registration Day Is Sept. 24: Is Your Information Current?
In honor of National Voter Registration Day, we’re giving you all the information you need for how and where to register to vote and ensure the King County Elections office has your most current information.
Local issues and elected representatives are on the ballot this November. If you haven’t yet registered to vote, get it off your to-do list now.
Sept. 24 is National Voter Registration Day, and thousands of local, state and national organizations have mobilized to make sure millions of people don’t miss the chance to cast their vote in this year’s elections.
Six million people didn’t vote in the 2008 elections because they either did not know how to register or because they missed the voter registration deadline.Here’s how NOT to be that group of six million non-voters:
The voter registration deadline for Washington is Oct. 7 for mail-in registration and updates.
Here’s information on how you can register in time for the Nov. 5 elections:
- Not sure if you’re registered to vote in Washington? Click here to double-check.
- Fill out a voter registration form in person at the King County Elections office: 919 SW Grady Way in Renton, WA 98057-2906.
- Download a voter registration form from the Board of Elections web site and mail it to 919 SW Grady Way, Renton, WA 98057-2906.
- Register online, 24-hours a day by visiting the Secretary of State’s web site.
- Connect with Washington Elections on Facebook for the MyVote App, which allows you to register through your Facebook account. Haven’t heard about this yet? Click here to read more about this new service.